16 July 2008

16july-you do know the bees are disappearing, right?
.
I remember reading about this a number of years ago and have since checked in on it periodically. That nobody seems to know exactly what's going on or how to stop it I find discomfitting and I'm sort of reminded of how it was the birds to die first in Phillip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (the book on which the movie "Blade Runner" was based.)

I ran across the following video and, as I find apiological humor hilarious, I thought I'd share it. It's a short, clever reference to the disappearing bee problem that begins with a modern sort of waggle dance.

Interestingly, Haagan-Dazs produced it and, according to their website at helpthehoneybees.com, their doing their bit to make things right.

So that's going on.



No comments: