08 May 2008

08May - self-indulgent comment
.
For the first time, perhaps in my entire life, I got my pasta tonight just right. Angel hair. The texture was firm, yet soft at the same time. It picked up the flavors of the olive oil, lemon, garlic, ground black pepper and the sauteed mushrooms and onions I'd mixed with it. There was a balance struck among each ingredient, allowing each to have a voice of its own while still singing with every other ingredient in harmony.
It was not I who guided my hand to take the pasta-filled boiling water off the heat, but rather some patron saint of dried pasta, tired of seeing the good Ronzini name insulted everytime I overcooked.

Maybe it'll never happen again and I'm glad that I savored every moment. But I'll try every time to recreate this experience.

No comments: